Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Praying Family Members to Christ

Quote from the book What Happens When We Pray For Our Families. Evelyn, page 40

HAVE YOU WONDERED after you have prayed and prayed and prayed about your children’s rebellion, sinful lifestyles, or lack of interest in Christian things why God hasn’t answered?  Why your children don’t live the way you taught them?  Why they don’t practice a godly lifestyle?  It may be they are just searching for independence—or their own personal identity.  OR it may be just plain rebellion against God or family standards.  However, a likely explanation is that they never really received Jesus as their Savior and Lord.  They still have their old nature. 

By far the most important prayer to pray for every family member is to receive Jesus as personal Savior and Lord.  Without a genuine salvation experience, your children and other family members are still in the spiritual condition of everybody before they are made alive spiritually by accepting Jesus, 

It is 3:00 am.  I could not sleep, so I finally just got up.  I sat down on my soft squishy couch and began reading this book.  As I sat there in the quietness of the morning, suddenly my wall clock began playing a song. (It will not play during the night unless a light is on.)  This clock will play up to five different songs, but at this particular moment it began playing the song, When you wish upon a star, your dreams will come true.

What are my dreams?  Will they ever come true?

The dream in my heart, has been, and will always be, that each member in my whole extended family will come to the point in their lives where they realize they need Jesus, and choose to invite him into their heart.  Once they do this, I pray that God will give them a desire to have a love relationship with God, where they enjoy speaking and listening to God daily.

When I was 12 years old I went to a Christian Camp in Iowa for a week.  It was a life changing week.  I made a decision to invite Jesus into my heart.  It was real for me.  It changed my whole life.  It gave me hope when I had none.

I have lived my whole life with this dream in my heart; this dream has motivated me in all that I do.  But today, reading this chapter has brought my dream to the surface.  This morning I was reminded of that dream, but it has also brought me back to an experience that I had several years ago.

One of my family members was going through a very difficult time in his life.  As often happens when we experience trials in our lives, he began to think more about God.  He began praying.  I could see a difference in him.  Finally, one day he shared with me what he had discovered in his own life.

When he was a very young boy, about five years old, he had invited Jesus into his heart.  He was now a man and could see things more clearly about his life.  He believed his eyes had been opened.  He had prayed and invited Jesus into his heart because this is what his family believed he should do. It was not a deep longing in his heart to have a relationship with God.
It took a challenging time in this man’s life to fill him with his own desire to begin a relationship with God.  He prayed and asked God to forgive him and invited Jesus into his heart.  He said for the first time in his life his relationship with God was genuine and real.  It was no longer my parent's God, but my God.
Quote from the book;  What Happens When We Pray For Our Families. Evelyn, page 43

No matter how long it takes, their personal salvation should be the number one prayer that we pray for each of our children and family members.
Quote from the book What Happens When We Pray For Our Families. Evelyn, page 45

So, what should we pray for our unsaved family members?  Pray that they will see their sinful condition, repent, and truly receive Jesus as their Savior.
Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should

ALWAYS PRAY AND NOT GIVE UP.    Luke 18:1

Dear God,

Please be with every person in my family.  First, I pray for every family member who has invited Jesus into their lives, that they will examine their decision and ask themselves, “Did I do this to please someone or because it was what our family did?  Was my decision real and meaningful for me?” 

Oh God, speak to their hearts.  Show them if their decision was real.  If it was just going through the motions, please God give them the desire to invite you into their hearts.  Please show them how to have a real relationship with you.

If there is a family member who has never invited you into their hearts, please speak to them over and over until they realize how important it is to have a relationship with you.

Thank you for what you are going to do in our family.

In Jesus name, Amen.    

If you have never invited Jesus into your heart and would like to understand more about this, please click on the link that will take you to a Journey with God called, A New Beginning.

http://www.hesspeakingarewelistening.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/2012-Session-2-A-New-Beginning.pdf

 
I WILL BE POSTING TO THIS BLOG TWICE A WEEK FOR THE NEXT TWO WEEKS.

TUESDAYS AND FRIDAYS.  I hope you will join me.


 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment