Tuesday, April 16, 2013

New Book: What Happens When We Pray For Our Families


Quote from the book what Happens When We Pray For Our Families. Evelyn: page 7
Many have asked how I know what I should pray for my family members.  First, I pray asking God to show me what He wants me to pray.  Then I just wait on God to tell me—either as I read His Word, the Bible, or during prayer by His calling to my remembrance the Scripture He wants to be the basis of my prayers for them.  Then I write down and date what God said, either in the margin of my Bible or in notes I keep on file.  Then I pray so the whole process is God—from Him and then back to Him in Prayer. 

These two methods were described fully in the book Lord, Change Me, but I need to be reminded of this again. In fact, I have an idea of something I want to do.    
I am going to make a poster to put in My LISTENING Room, which is my place to get alone with God.  It might look like this:

HOW SHOULD I PRAY FOR MY FAMILY
1.                  Dear God, what do you want me to pray for my family?

2.                  Dear God, I am going to wait on you to tell me through scriptures I have read or are reading at this moment, how to pray for my family.

3.                  Dear God, I am going to write down today’s date and the verse that you have given me in my Journal.

4.                  Dear God, You have given me what I should pray and now I will pray about this.  (From Him and then back to Him in Prayer.)

If you decide to do this, please send me a picture of your poster to post on this website.
Chapter 1:  More than Ever, Our Families Need Prayer
Quote from the book, what Happens When We Pray For Our Families. Evelyn: page 12

IS THERE NO HOPE
Is there hope for today’s family?  Your family? Yes, there is.  Although these symptoms are becoming more and more prevalent in even the best of families, there is an answer.  And the answer is prayer.  Not just an SOS prayer now and then, but an automatic calling out to God in prayer in every family need.  A lifestyle of prayer.

Our daughter-in-law Margie said to me recently, “I need to learn to pray and not worry.  I have a tendency to work things out myself.  Think them through and come up with my own answers.  But God’s Word says it is prayer that works.”
The answer to today’s disintegrating family is a spontaneous lifestyle of prayer.  “The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man [person] avails much” (James 5:16).

Wow, this is just what I needed to hear and remember today. In fact, today I have called several of my friends and asked for prayer because I was concerned about my son.  Each time I spoke with them, God spoke to me. 
Thank you Margie, for the words that you shared with Evelyn years ago.  Your words have spoken to me today.  I need to learn to pray and not worry about it, (which includes my son).   I am glad to see that it is not just me that prays and then worries.  I think I am going to add something to the 4 questions that I have above.

NOW ROBIN, YOU HAVE PRAYED, NOW IT IS IN GOD’S HANDS, DO NOT WORRY!
Dear God, Thank you for speaking to me today.

Don’t’s worry about anything, pray about everything.  Tell God your needs and don’t forget to thank him for his answers.  Philippians 4:6 (Living Bible Version)

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment