Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Make Sure It Is the Lord Doing the Changing

This Chapter of the book is a MUST READ. I would like to write the whole chapter out because there is so much truth and treasure in it.

Quote from the book Lord Change me. Evelyn:  page 112-113

Now that we’ve looked into the methods God uses to change us, the haunting question arises:  How can I be absolutely sure it is the Lord who is changing me?  How can I know that my lifestyle, the sum total of all my wisdom put into action, is really from Him? 

God showed me the fact that the Book of James mentions four sources of wisdom from which I can obtain knowledge that will change me.  These four are constantly vying for my lifestyle; and I discovered that only one of them is God.  Only one of the four is a trustworthy source of direction for the changes in my life.  The other three are mentioned in…

James 3:15
“This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly [from other people], sensual [from within our sensual selves], demoniacal [from demons].

Is there any way, then, that I can test the source of wisdom that is producing my lifestyle?  James says the proof is in what it produces.  “The wisdom that is from above [from the Lord] is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be entreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy” (3:17, This is in contrast to what the other three
sources produce:  “But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.  This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, demonical.  For where envying, and strife are, there is confusion and every evil work” 
(vv.14-16, SCO)
 
The last chapter of this book is filled with so much treasure, you must read it.
http://www.evelynchristensonministries.org/bookstore.html

Reading this chapter has been so good for me.  As I have been thinking about all of the truths in it, I realize that my sensual self has been the controlling force in my life way more than I have ever realized. 

“The way of a fool seems right to him”…  Proverbs 12:15a

For many years I was following my own dreams, believing they were God’s plan for me.  My sensual self was speaking to me.  I honestly thought it was God speaking to me, but it was not.  I am so thankful that God is gracious, he forgives me, and opens my eyes to his truths.

Yet the LORD longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion.  For the LORD is a God of justice.  Blessed are all who wait for him.  Isaiah 30:18

This has been so amazing reading this book again.  The first time I read it my eyes were opened to so many nuggets of wisdom.  I was pretty young when I read it, and I am so thankful for all that I learned as a young woman.  I did not have to wait until I was older to learn from Evelyn.  Reading until God speaks totally changed my relationship with God.  It opened the door to communication with the creator of the universe.  I remember the second and third time I read this book I asked myself if I was ready to learn from God again. 

Learning is not always easy, but I have learned when God is asking me to change, he will give me what I need to complete it.  Change does not happen overnight.  It takes time and energy, but I am so thankful for my Journeys of learning through Evelyn’s book, Lord Change Me. 

As I have said before, the book is finished, but the learning continues.  God is not finished with me yet. 

I am so thankful that once again, God has been speaking to me through the words of Evelyn’s book.  If he has spoken to you, please post your comments below.  I had planned on beginning another one of Evelyn's books next week, but I do not have clarity about which one. I will be praying about it today and then post our next book in a few days.  Thank you for your patience.  My desire is for God to lead us through Evelyn's books.   If you are interested in looking at all of Evelyn's books, go to http://www.evelynchristensonministries.org/bookstore.html

Please invite your friends to join us.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment