Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Changed—When I Ask Others to Pray for Me

It is a beautiful cool sunny day.  As I am sitting here my mind wanders back to that cold January morning when I began reading this book.  I had mixed emotions.  I was so excited, but I knew from my past experiences, as I read the pages, God would work change in my life.  Change is not always easy, but necessary.

I have enjoyed reading about the dedicated praying women who were behind the scenes praying, and then the power was released as a result of their prayers.  Evelyn was so blessed to have this amazing force of prayer going with her wherever she would go.  I also hope all of those women who prayed realized how important they were to the ministry.  Without them, what struggles would Evelyn have gone through or what people would not have been at the meetings, or what disasters could have happened.  Special thanks to the Prayer Warriors of United Prayer Ministry.

 Quote from the book Lord Change me. Evelyn:  page 94

 Leaders sometimes find it especially hard to admit a need or a burden to other people.  Often presidents, pastors, (even pastor’s wives) chairmen and teachers feel they are to bear the burdens of other people they lead, but they find it difficult to ask those people to pray for them.  Are they afraid of admitting weakness to those they lead?  Are they fearful the people will think less of them as their leader if they admit a need?  I think just the opposite is true.  The greatest leaders surround themselves with the strongest staffs, admitting their need to be supported by them.  No man is an island unto himself.  Some leaders bear so many burdens unnecessarily—just because they can’t admit they have a need.

God has spoken to my heart.  I am a leader.  I am going through some very difficult times, but I am not humbling myself to share my REAL needs with others.  I have no problem sharing prayer requests about the things I am involved in, but the issues deep inside of me stay there.  Why can’t I share those needs for others to pray?  Is is pride?  God is working in me helping me to find the answers.

As I continue to read this book, when a chapter is finished, the learning is not.  The things God is teaching me take time to work through.  He guides me and puts it all together like a puzzle.  He is building a masterpiece in my life.  My part is to submit to the changes he wants to make in me and trust him to carry me through them.

Thank you, Evelyn, for being God’s instrument of change in my life.  All of the learning you experienced has helped me to learn a little sooner than going through the long process of learning myself.

 Dear God,

Please help me to humble myself and share my burdens with others.  It is hard for me to do this, but I believe you might want to teach me something through letting go.  Thank you for all you are teaching me.

No comments:

Post a Comment