Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Exchange – When I Ask God in Prayer

Quote from book, Lord Change Me, by Evelyn Christenson 

When we are fatigued, our tendency is to keep pushing and pushing, slower and slower, until we get the job done.  But God’s formula is so simple.  And it takes such a short time to stop, ask, and wait.  However, there is a key to this formula.  Ask, and then wait expectantly.  This requires faith—not in the few minutes I might have in which to rest, but in the one who is to provide the strength.   Page 80

It is 11:30 pm.  It has been a very busy week for me.  I am fatigued and I have been pushing, and pushing to get everything done.  I am worn out and exhausted.  This was the perfect timing for me to read this chapter, Exchange—When I ask God in Prayer.

What had happened?  Before the evening seminar I took a few minutes to lie down and pray these words, “O God, Exchange my exhaustion for Your strength.”  And it worked.  God miraculously reached down, lifted my exhaustion, and then replaced it with His strength.                          Page 79

“O God, exchange my exhaustion for Your strength.” 

Today I would like to share a little piece of my heart with you about allowing God to change me.  Change is not easy.  Every time I have asked for the Lord to Change me, it usually will require total submission and trust that he knows what he is doing.

The past few week’s things have been pouring into my life.  My heart says, “I don’t think I can take another thing happening in my life and family.”  But, I know from the past, this is when change begins to happen in my life.  Things come to the point that I must let go and let God because I cannot do it on my own.

Isaiah 41:10
So do not fear, for I am with you, do not be dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand

Joshua 1:9
Have I not commanded you?  Be strong and courageous.  Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.

The change process is not always easy, but I am never alone.  God is right there with me guiding me and protecting me.  I do not need to be afraid.

You know the Bible is living and active.  When I am overwhelmed and discouraged, I can open the pages of the Bible and gain strength. God does speak encouragement to me through the words of the Bible.

Life is filled with challenges.  I see more people going through very hard life circumstances.  The challenge I leave with you today is whatever you are going through in your life, you are not alone.  Open the pages of your Bible and God will speak love to you.

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment