Monday, August 12, 2013

What You Can Bear--Your Capacity

I have lived the “Cinderella Story” life for many years. Each day, I would wake up to my blessings and praise God. My life was wonderful. The past two years have been extremely hard years of learning. I believe God has brought this book into my life at a time when I needed to understand the principles about Gaining Through Losing. Page 33 As we, like Job, experience testing and trials of varying degrees from time to time, we too feel we cannot bear another minute of the suffering. We ask ourselves what possible gain could come out of these horrible losses. Seeing the immediate or eventual gain is not only difficult but often impossible. However, as with Job, there are astounding gains for the believer because of his trials and testings. Honestly, I have not had the best attitude in my Losing time. It has been so hard, but God brings people into our lives to help us along the way. God brought the words of my son to me. When I read them, I immediately asked God’s forgiveness. I was so used to the good life, but when the hard times came I was not praising God in the storms, like I had encouraged many people to do. His words are still working deep within my soul. Quote from my son: You only really can impact people when you show strength and grace through adversity... don’t know if that makes any sense but the normal response would be to be sad and depressed...people expect it...if you can be abnormal...I.e. positive through it all...that's when people can notice and say he or she has something I don't and something I'd like to have... ..people don't relate well to a cushy life...but they relate to problems...and when you can shine above them that's where people are inspired....You have an opportunity to put your faith to the test and people are watching whether you realize it or not...these are the times where a difference is made. Page 45 It has been many, many years since I have asked God “why” in the trials. With a shocking report from a doctor, a calamity in a child’s life, or some shattering news in the family, I find myself searching for that “more of my God – my Who.. I, with Job have heard much of God, but it has always been in those difficult times of my life that I have seen Him –ready and eager to reveal more of Himself to me. What a fabulous gain through my losses! Have your “whys” Turned to “Who” I am so sorry that this blog has poor formating. This is all my computer would let me do. My own computer is out of service. Please forgive the format of this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment