Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Chapter Two: Paul's Gaining Through Losing


Page 25
If you are losing what you think is best for you by getting an apparent “no” answer from the Lord, take heart.  It was because Paul’s thorn in the flesh remained that the Lord could show him His mysterious dealings with His own—how He equips us through our seeming-losses.   How much more powerful, effective, and fruitful Paul was because of that “no” answer!  Enough grace and enough power!
Wow, I have been down this road more times than I want to admit. In fact, I am in the middle of yet another, “letting go” in my life.  God has been saying “no” for awhile, but at first I did not hear his voice because I was so wrapped up in my plans.  I did not want to let go.  I am a strong-willed woman and when I have a plan in my mind, it is hard to hear God’s “no” to what I consider his plan. 
Over the past five years, it seems like over and over, I have had to give up my plans because nothing was happening with my plans.  God was saying “no”, but I did not want to hear it.
So I have a choice, I can trust that God knows what is best for me, and follow him immediately or flounder around striving after my plans.  With God, I can strive at after something I want, but eventually I will have to submit to what God is speaking to me.  There is no way I will convince God to do it my way.
What is the good part in giving up my plans and going with Gods?  God’s plans are always the place where we will experience the greatest joy.
Jeremiah 29:11
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
Dear God
Please go before me and show me the steps in following you.  As I take them, I might experience pain, but help me up and go with your plans for my life 

No comments:

Post a Comment