Tuesday, May 14, 2013

“What Are You Teaching Us Lord?”


Quote from the book What Happens When We Pray For Our Families. Evelyn:  page 90

It has been in these hard things that God has been able to teach me who He really is.

It is in my family trials that He has taught me that He never makes a mistake, that He comes in proportion to my need, that He really does work all things out for my good—because I love Him and seek to please Him.

When things hurt in my family, God has taught me to cling to the promises He gave us in His Word.  Promises of His presence, His comfort, His wisdom, His guidance.  Actually, until God has brought us through the hard things of life, we don’t really know if those promises are true or not.

Evelyn’s words have encouraged me so much this morning.  Everyone in life faces family challenges, but God does not make mistakes.  He really does work all things out for my good.  I needed this reminder today.

The past few years have been challenging years for my family because of the trials of one family member.  Of course, I pray every day, but sometimes in the midst of everything it is easy to forget that God has everything in his control.  It is easy to think I need to do something or that I am not praying enough, but in reality our family is in God’s hands, I can trust this.

Quote from the book What Happens When We Pray For Our Families. Evelyn:  page 90 

GOD’S METHOD OF PERFECTING AND MATURING US

When God does not remove painful situations in our families, He has something far better than just asking them away.  He is in the business of producing mature, deeply spiritual Christian giants of the faith of our family members.  What prayers do we pray in times like these?  Pray each thing in order, according to…

James 1:2-4

Consider it all joy, by brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance.  And let endurance have its perfect results, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.

“BUT, I want you to remove the painful situations God.  They hurt!” 

I have been praying a lot of these types of prayers.  I wonder if life will ever be normal again.  I guess totally surrendering my family to God does not mean life will be without problems. 

The change MUST happen in me.  Totally surrendering my family to God needs to begin.

Dear God,

I surrender my family to you.  You know more about what is happening in my life than I do.  You know what you are working in each family member.  I give them all to you.  I give myself to you.  Could you send some encouragement my way today?  Please help me to trust you in everything.

The worry needs to end.  The trust needs to be real.  I need to surrender my family to God, and then continue to live my life in a way that is pleasing to him.

      

1 comment:

  1. YEP!!!! True....We have to surrender all...Hard, but possible...I have a hard time waiting for Him to do the work....

    ReplyDelete