Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Eight prayers we should pray when hurt by loved ones


Quote from the book what Happens When We Pray For Our Families. Evelyn
 1.  Lord Change Me.
God answered me by immediately bringing to my mind that I first should ask the Lord to search my heart and enable me to change my attitude toward the loved ones who had hurt me. Pg. 73

2.  Lord help me forgive. 
The most important prayer in the whole family healing process is prayer that leads to our being able forgive loved ones –not just in words but truly in our hearts. Pg. 74

3.  Lord help me comfort those who hurt me. 
In addition to praying “Lord Change Me” and to enable you to forgive, the next step is to pray to be able to comfort those who have hurt you.    Pg. 75

4.  Lord, enable me to pray for those who hurt me.
When loved ones hurt us, we must pray for them, not just about them.  Pg. 76

5.  Lord, help me love.
Again, in H Sermon on the Mount, Jesus included loving in His instructions to pray for those who persecute you:  “Love your enemies, and pray for those who persecute you” (Matt. 5:44, italics added.) Pg. 77

6.  Lord enable us to pray together.
If at all possible, set up a time to pray with family member who has hurt you.  Pg. 78
 
7.   Lord, call others to pray for me.
There are times when we are so shattered by a family hurt that praying for ourselves, and a family member who has inflicted the hurt, is impossible.  Words simply won’t come.  This is when crisscrossing prayers of other family members take over us.  Pg. 79
 
8.  Lord, break the victim change.
Everybody is a victim.  Every family member is at times the victim of their other family members during various circumstances.  Siblings frequently are victims their brothers and sisters.  Children are victims of their parents. Parents are also victims of their children’s actions, words, and attitudes. And their parents are victims of their parents—the grandparents.  It goes on and on. Pg. 80

These eight prayer steps work.  They have worked for me and my family, they can work for you.  Pg. 84

Many years ago, I had a sister disown me because she thought I had done something that    I did not do.  When I would call, she would not answer, if I wrote a letter, she would not reply.  It hurt me a lot because I was innocent of what she accused me of. 

I prayed through each of these prayer steps, but she would not talk to me.  I felt hurt and helpless.  I live in one state and she lived many states away, so it was not like I could go over and talk to her personally.

After waiting on God, through prayer, there came a time for action.  Nothing had worked.       I was the Christian, she was not.  God kept speaking to me, but I did not want to listen.

After spending time running away from God, I finally submitted to what he was calling me to do.  I booked a flight and went and visited her.  When I knocked on the door of her home, she welcomed me in with a slight quietness.  BUT, as the time there unwound, our relationship started over with a new respect for each other.

Yes, These 8 prayers for loved ones that have hurt us truly are life changing.  Do not give up on any relationship.  With God, anything is possible.

Matthew 19:26
Jesus looked at them and said,
"With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.

 

 

       

No comments:

Post a Comment