Monday, December 16, 2013


What Happens When God, Answers by Evelyn Christenson 

Chapter 2:  When God Answers When I Am Not Able

Page 13

People frequently ask me how much time they should spend in personal closet praying.  I reply, “That depends on how much power you want.”

Page 14

God with all his power of the universe is sitting on His throne in glory, even today, waiting and longing to release that power on planet earth.

Why?  Why don’t I spend more time praying?  I used to, but what has happened?  LIFE becomes so busy I can allow the things of life to take over. 

LIFE becomes so hard, that I allow my pain to overcome me.

Why do I allow this to happen?  I have a power source available to me and all I need to do is use it.  PRAYER POWER.

Page 20

A pastor in California told me he spends the first two hours of his day, starting at 5:00 am, in conference calls with his board members, prayer supporters, and even his mother in law.

Wow, I would love to hear the results of praying like this. 

I want my Prayer Time, or as I call it, my LISTENING Time with God to grow again.  It’s time! 

This time of year I try and spend a week making a goal poster for the year. I want Prayer to be a huge goal for 2014.  After all, it is my power source for everything.  I need to use it, instead of worrying about everything.

My favorite verse:  Don’t worry about anything.  Pray about everything.  Tell God your needs and don’t forget to thank him for his answers.  Philippians 4:6

I want to pray about everything.

Page 23

No matter how much I expect from God, He always gives more.  No matter how much faith I have, I never seem to have enough to equal the fabulous amount of whatever God is ready, willing, and anxious to do—when there is enough prayer.

Page 26

Capable, yes.  And able too—when there is enough prayer!  How much power is God releasing because of your prayers?  Then again, how much power is God waiting for you to unlock with your key of prayer.

Dear God,

Please forgive me for not making prayer a priority in my life.  I want 2014 to be a year of prayer, for our country, our state, our family and my life. Please help me to follow through with this commitment.  In Jesus name, Amen.

         

No comments:

Post a Comment