Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Chapter 7: God Never Makes a Mistake

Quote from the book What Happens When Women (We) Pray:  Evelyn Christenson

 page 65

In order to pray effectively in God’s will, you may need a new view of God—as One who never makes mistakes.

 Page 66

One of the advantages of growing older is that we can look back and see that God has not made a single mistake in our lives. 

Page 71

Did God make a mistake? No.  Not at all.  Romans 8:28 has been our family’s life verse ever since.  We know that ALL things, absolutely everything, work together for our God.

Do you REALLY believe what you are going through right now is not a mistake? 
Do you REALLY believe that God is working it all for your good?

2013 has been a very hard year for me.  I know in my heart that everything will work out for my good, but the waiting part of it is so hard. 

What should I do as I wait?  Believe!  I need to give my burdens to God and leave them there and believe that he is still in control.

Page 76

We may reach the place suddenly, or it may take us years to realize that God isn’t making a mistake in our lives. 

God does not make mistakes.  Believing this fills me with a great peace knowing that my life is in God’s hands and no matter what happens, he is still in control.

Romans 8:28

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to purpose.

Dear God,

Thank you that you do not make mistakes.  I am blessed that I can trust you in everything in my life.  I give my life to you.  Thank you that you know what is best for me and that all things work together for good.  In Jesus name amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment