Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Chapter 6: How to Pray In God’s Will

Quote from the book What Happens When Women (We) Pray:            
Evelyn Christenson,  page 56

Have you come to the place where you can pray, “Only God’s will”?  Do you know that you are in absolute oneness with the will of God?  Have you come to that place?

For many years I ran from God’s call in my life because I did not feel qualified to do what he was asking me to do.  I had my plans and they sounded so good to me.  I worked hard trying to achieve them, but there always seemed to be something missing.  Yes, PEACE was missing in my life.

God is so loving.  He has waited patiently for me to give up my desires and surrender to his plans. I believe Evelyn’s book has once again brought me to the place God wants me to be.   TOTALLY SURRENDERED TO HIS PLAN FOR MY LIFE.

Quote from the book What Happens When Women (We) Pray:             
Evelyn Christenson,  page 64

O God, I want only Your will in my life.  Open the doors You have for me, and give me the courage and faith to go through them.

This is truly the prayer in my life.  The work that he has called me to write is almost completely finished.  What next?  Where does he want me to go?

Quote from the book What Happens When Women (We) Pray:             Evelyn Christenson,  page 60

What happens to me when I am on my face before God and say, “Okay Lord, I don’t know what You want.  That’s a big mountain, that’s difficult surgery, there are hard things in my life, but Lord, no matter what it is, I want Your perfect will”?  At that point does God become an ogre and take advantage of my commitment?  No, at that point He starts to open doors, and fantastic things begin to happen—even prayer seminars—when I just make myself available to Him.

PAGE 62

Has God put before you an open door?  Are you hesitating, perhaps rebelling, or holding back because of fear, when God is challenging, “Look, here’s an open door, wouldn’t you like to walk through it for Me?

Page 63

Sometimes I need a little pushing to go through doors God is opening.  Do you?

Closing, page 64

Don’t say, “I want it my way, Lord,” but, “Lord Your way.  Whatever You have for me, I’m yours.  You just take me, open any door, lead me in any direction.”  You will be astounded at what God will do.  You will be panting, trying to keep up with the opportunities.  Phone calls will come from people you didn’t even know existed.  Who inspired that person to call and ask you to go here or three to minister?  Nobody—but God.

I pray with all of my heart that as I totally surrender everything that I am doing to God, that I will be astounded by what he allows to happen. 

So today, I say before all of you who are reading this:

This is the complete desire in my heart.

O God, I want only Your will in my life.  Open the doors You have for me, and give me the courage and faith to go through them.

Stay tuned and I will share with you what God does.  I can’t wait for the door that God wants me to go through opens.  Please pray with me.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment