Monday, September 2, 2013

Chapter 6: To Die is Gain?

Quote from the book Gaining Through Losing. Evelyn:  page 76

I had watched the price my mother paid for the privilege of knowing that my father was prepared to spend eternity with Jesus.  For 25 years she had lived her Jesus before him, always in love and sacrificial giving of herself, never compromising—then came the moment when his doctors told him he was dying.  After calling his denomination’s pastor (whom he had never even met) to administer final communion, he said, “There’s more to it than this, isn’t there, Mother?”

“Do you think so?”  She once again repeated to him, “Just ask God to forgive all your sins, Daddy; and ask Jesus to come in as your Savior.”  He did.  Her Jesus became his Jesus!

For many years I lived with a tremendous fear.  I wondered what would happen to me if I died?  I lived with this fear until I was finally told the truth.  I did not have to be afraid of death, because I can know for sure that I will be in heaven one day. 

Evelyn says it all very clearly in the second paragraph above. 

1.  I needed to ask God to forgive my sins. 

2.  Then ask Jesus to come in as my Savior. 

I have had the privilege of traveling in Wisconsin, Minnesota and very soon into Nebraska and Illinois, sharing my life story of how Jesus took the fear of dying out of my life.  As I share my story I wonder why I waited so long to ask Jesus to be my Savior, but I am so thankful that I did.  My life changed.  Peace and joy were all around.  It does not mean I never have troubles, but no matter how hard, there is peace.

 …And one day, I know for sure that I will be in heaven. 
 
Quote from the book Gaining Through Losing. Evelyn:  page 80

Where All Losses Turn to Gains

How important it is for us to lift up our eyes to that place where all of the losses of earth turn to gains for the one entering eternity.

Angel Choir.  My husband had a unique glimpse of this after he returned to his cadet training in the U.S. Air Force following his father’s death.  As Chris and his flight team were flying out over the Gulf of Mexico, someone had switched the dial from the radio range station to a regular pass.  Chris had hung his radio headphones up in the cockpit and leaned back, deep in thought about his father’s recent death.  Suddenly from those headphones, ethereal strains of music filled the cockpit:

 There’s a land beyond the river,

That we call the sweet forever,

And we only reach that shore by faith’s decrees.

One by one we’ll gain the portals,

There to dwell with the immortals,

When they ring the golden bells for you and me.

 In his mind Chris was standing in the midst of that great celestial angel choir in the presence of both his earthly and his heavenly Father.  His emotions accelerated from awe, to joy, and then to hope.

For everyone who has made the choice to ask God to forgive their sins and invite Jesus to come in as their Savior, Heaven will one day be the GREATEST GAIN we could ever experience.. 

1.  I needed to ask God to forgive my sins. 

2.  Then ask Jesus to come in as my Savior. 

 Dear God,

Thank you that you forgive my sins.  I want you to be my Savior.  One day you will call me to heaven, but until then, I want to serve you in whatever way you choose for me.

 As I have shared with you over the past months, I have been experiencing a very challenging storm in my life.  Even though I have not understood, I know it has been in God’s hands. I do not understand everything, but the peace is there.  It still has been hard. 

Well, this past week there was a breakthrough in my life. I had to make some choices and when I did, the blessings began to flow again.  I do not know if you have been praying for me, but if you have, thank you and please do not stop yet.

It feels so good to see God working.  I still do not have all the answers, but my faith is trusting God with everything.  It has been like a fresh breeze has come into my life.  Praise God!

 What are you facing today?  Trust God.  Even though he may be silent, he is still there working all things together for your good. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment