Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Chapter 5: You Have Not Fulfilled My Requirements

What Happens When God, Answers by Evelyn Christenson 

Page 60

Have you ever wondered why God answers no to some of your prayers?  He may be saying, “You have not fulfilled my requirements.  You do not qualify for My answer!”  This is the greatest secret of unanswered prayer.

Many Christians sincerely desire to have power in prayer, prayer that produces changed people and circumstances here on earth, but they are bewildered when nothing happens.  They pray earnest, fervent prayers; but God does not seem to answer.  However, when his answer is no, He may be saying, “There are some missing qualifiers in your life.”

God decreed these “if,”  “when,” and “because” conditions in our lives before the foundation world, and His no answer may actually be, “When you do, then I will.”

The words of Evelyn really speak to my heart today.  I have been praying for a long time that God would direct me in my life, but he doesn’t seem to answer.  The peace in my life has been missing for some time now. 

BUT, I can remember back to many years ago when I believed God called me to a place that I did not want to go.  I had my own plans for my life and this was NOT where I wanted to be, but I did obey and go.  The problem is that I was kicking and screaming all the way.  I questioned why God would want me in this direction.  I worked at it, but was more faithful in my plans.  I wore myself out and finally I quit the thing he had called me to do.

I have spent many years now following all kinds of my plans, but nothing has seemed to come together.  Until recently.  The direction that God had called me to and I ran from, opened again in my life.  I was shocked and somewhat angry.  I do not want to go in this direction, but the door has opened. 

The words of this chapter I read this week are really speaking to me.  “When you do, then I will.”   Maybe it is time to submit to this direction in my life and trust God.  Honestly, my heart is not in it, but it is opened miraculously in front of me.  I must obey. 

Please pray for me because following this direction will be hard and humbling for me. 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment