Monday, July 1, 2013

Special Prayers for Special Times

Quote from the book What Happens When We Pray For Our Families. Evelyn, page 171

Prayer for special people on their special days brings God’s input into their lives.  Our “best wishes” actually turn into divine influence, divine favor, and divine blessings—when we pray.
As I read this chapter, I was challenged to pray about the Special Times for my family.  Special Times like:  Birthday Prayers, Birthday Celebrations, Jesus’ Birthday, First Grandmothering Christmas (the first Christmas when you become a Grandmother), Thanksgiving Day Prayers, and Wedding Praying. 

It was so touching to hear the stories of several of Evelyn’s children as they wrote about their Special Times.
For the past ten years I have started the New Year praying for God to lead me to a Bible verse for myself and each family member.  The verse becomes their key verse for the year.  I pray this verse for them and then watch God use the verse in their lives.

There is power in prayer, but I need to use it daily.  There are so many reasons why I should pray, but the very last chapter in this book talks about the Supernatural Reason for Prayer.
Quote from the book What Happens When We Pray For Our Families. Evelyn, page 189

THE ONLY REASON families need prayer is because there is a supernatural battle raging on earth, and human resources, wisdom, and power are not sufficient to win in this battle.
Next week we will go through the last chapter in this wonderful book.  Be sure to join me.

Dear God,
Please help me to find the time this week to pray about the Special Times in my children’s lives.  I know there is power in prayer and I want to try and be more specific in my prayers for them.  Thank you for what you are going to do.   In Jesus Name, Amen.

(I have my oldest son David and his wife Stacy and our twin Grand-Daughters staying with us right now, so I will write more about this next week. 

Blessings to your Day!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment